Readsalot81

My Darkest Passion
Carolyn Jewel
Long Shot
Hanna Martine
A Dance With Dragons (A Song of Ice and Fire, #5)
George R.R. Martin
Valkyrie Rising
Forever a Lady - Delilah Marvelle If there was any hero I could pluck from the pages of a romance novel to have for myself, Matthew Milton would be the one.Honorable, tough, but above all, compassionate. The last character trait, I'd love to see more of in just about any novel. Ms. Marvelle writes with a deft hand, lacing historic details into the story with ease. I felt like I was taken back into the time period, but at the same time, I wasn't clubbed over the head with it. (And I'll be honest, history was one of those subjects I pretty much doodled and daydreamed in, only waking to take the occasional test)If you're looking for light and fluffy, I'm afraid you're going to have to look elsewhere. But this grabs you and won't let go. The story itself, was unpredictable and powerful. I love it when I cannot see, for the life of me, the direction the book is going to take. The characters in the book surprised me, and for that, I'll always love it.The book is detailed but not convoluted. I want to wax poetic about the hero, but I won't. Towards the end of the book (Chapter 19 I believe) there's a scene between Matthew and a gentlemen whom tried to hurt Bernadette earlier in the book. The scene encapsulates his character perfectly.