Readsalot81

My Darkest Passion
Carolyn Jewel
Long Shot
Hanna Martine
A Dance With Dragons (A Song of Ice and Fire, #5)
George R.R. Martin
Valkyrie Rising

I get frustrated when....

I see an author post a laundry list of things I can do to help them and their career.

I read, a lot.  I review very frequently.  I talk to people on social media and recommend books nearly every single day. Quite simply, I don't have the time or $$ to read every single book I'd like to.

I don't memorize release dates or have spread sheets.  I use Twitter and FB to help me out with new releases.  I get paid every two weeks like a lot of folks here in the US.  Usually one check goes to rent - the other for various bills and expenses. I don't always have $ on hand to purchase a book the minute it releases.

I don't have a lot of shelf space either. (Actually the space I have now is quite luxurious, but it won't always be this way) Purchasing e-books has helped immensely with this problem.

I get very annoyed when I see those lists because honestly - I do everything in my somewhat feeble power to make sure an author I like gets promoted, or heard & recommended.   When I see those lists, it makes me feel like I'm not doing enough. Like I could be doing more.  And then I don't feel like helping anymore.

I'm not your bitch. Or worker bee. I'm not a means to an end for you to achieve success. That's how those posts come across. (This comes courtesy from a traditionally pubbed author)

/end rant.